In 2017 the Nuclear Energy Conference will take place for the fourth time – as already in 2015 it will be held in Linz.
In 2017 EURATOM will celebrate the 60th year since its foundation and therefore 60 years of promoting nuclear industry. EURATOM is an obstacle for the European nuclear phase-out and a stumbling block for a nuclear free Europe. 60 years after its implementation the time has come to abolish EURATOM or at least subject it to a thorough reform process which has been demanded for years. International experts will discuss the following topics:
- Myth of EURATOM – Is safety of nuclear power plants part of EURATOM?
- Reforming EURATOM – Utopia or vision?
- Unilateral exit of EURATOM – Legal possibilities
- Why Germay should leave EURATOM
- Campaigning against EURATOM – Historic overview of campaigns in Austria
Please save the date. | Detailed information will follow in January 2016.
The Nuclear Energy Conference 2017 is supported by the Province of Upper Austria.